May 13, 2012

有點兒 (You Dian Er) VS. 一點兒 (Yi Dian Er)

yǒu diǎn ēr 
有點兒 = 有一點兒 = a little bit

ex.
我有點兒累了 (I am a little bit tired /  I'm feeling kind of tired)
我有點兒想去 (I kind of want to go)
我有點兒不舒服 (I feel a lit rough / I am a bit uncomfortable.)

錯誤用法: 我一點兒累了(X)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yī diǎn ēr
一點兒 = a little bit ---> usually used in negative sentences, and followed by "也不" or "都不"

ex.
我一點兒也不累 (I am not tired at all)
我一點兒也不想法 (I don't want to go at all)

NOTES: 一點兒"也不" = 一點兒"都不"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison:

Sentence1: 我有點兒不想去 = 我有一點兒不想去 
Sentence2: 我一點兒都不想去

Sentence 1 and 2 look similar; however, their meanings are different.
Sentence 1 means " I don't really want to go"
Sentence 2 means "I don't want to go at all"  ---> the negative meaning is much stronger

Sentence3: 我有點兒不喜歡他 = 我有一點兒不喜歡他
Sentence4: 我一點兒都不喜歡他

Sentence 3 and 4 look similar; however, their meanings are different.
Sentence 3 means "I don't like him very much"
Sentence 4 means "I don't like him at all"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Usages:

ADJ(形容詞) + 一點兒

請快一點兒好 = Please be (a little bit) faster!
請說慢一點兒 = Please speak (a little bit) slower!

No comments:

Post a Comment